1. Lost Package Reported
Shippers are encouraged to report the lost package because notification letters are not sent to receivers. Shippers and receivers can report a lost package on Eaglewings Delivery Services.com.
In order to be considered lost, a package must be undelivered 24 hours after the expected delivery date and time. A report cannot be made until then. Please allow additional time when a package is delayed due to adverse weather.
Once you report a lost package, you can check the status of your report online. Contact Eaglewings Delivery Services if you have any questions or concerns.
Note: Loss can only be reported online for packages that have an origination and destination within the United States. To report loss for international packages, contact Eaglewings Delivery Services.
2. Eaglewings Delivery Services Package Search
Eaglewings Delivery Services will conduct a complete investigation to locate the package. The investigation may include a search of our shipping system and operation centers, or calls to recipients or shippers.
The Eaglewings Delivery Services search process usually takes seven to 10 business days.
3. Claim Authorized
- If Eaglewings Delivery Services is unable to locate the missing package, a Damage/Loss Notification claim letter will be emailed, faxed or mailed to the shipper; Eaglewings Delivery Services will not send claim letters to a receiver
- If Eaglewings Delivery Services locates the package, the claim will not be approved, delivery information will be sent to the shipper of record, and the reporting process will end
4. Eaglewings Delivery Services Reviews Documents
It is essential that the shipper supplies Eaglewings Delivery Services with documentation that shows the lesser of the actual purchase cost or replacement cost, up to the declared value, as requested in the Damage/Loss Notification claim letter. Requested documentation may include original invoices, purchase orders, proof of shipment, or other information required by Eaglewings Delivery Services.
Eaglewings Delivery Services will:
- Determine what, if any, value was declared for the contents of the package
- Verify that the product falls within the guidelines of the Eaglewings Delivery Services terms or contract with the shipper
Eaglewings Delivery Services mailing address and fax number information are provided in the Damage/Loss Notification claim letter. Instructions are also provided on how to submit your documentation to Eaglewings Delivery Services online.
5. Claim Paid
Once a claim has been approved, the payment will be processed. Eaglewings Delivery Services will pay the lesser of purchase or replacement costs, up to the declared value. Typically, claim checks are mailed to the shipper's billing address on file three to five business days after Eaglewings Delivery Services receives the required documentation.
In the event the claim is not approved for payment, Eaglewings Delivery Services will contact the shipper.
Note: All claims are subject to the terms of the Eaglewings Delivery Services Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service.